PDF distillation problem

Subject: PDF distillation problem
From: Jes Davis <JesDavis -at- brassring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 16:25:26 -0500

Hi all -

I recently resubbed to this list, and was wondering if anyone had any idea
why I cannot generate a proper PDF from my machine. I've searched the

I've had this problem before, and fixed it several different ways, none of
which are working now. The entire PDF, not just a specific font, is
practically unreadable, and not in color. You can see for yourself at
http://datavibe.net/~j3s/Demo.pdf.

I'm generating the PDF from Framemaker 6.0, printing to a PostScript file,
and then running it through Distiller 4.0.

Previously, I fixed this problem by downloading the winsteng.exe driver from
Adobe, but that doesn't make a difference on this new machine. Another fix
that worked in a different office was to print to (PS) file on their color
printer there, but printing to file using my color printer here does not
create a usable PS file.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Your help is greatly appreciated, thank
you.

Jesica Davis

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com