RE: dictator's - language

Subject: RE: dictator's - language
From: KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 13:23:11 -0500

Admins can cause you to cease to exist, even as you are in
mid-keystroke. Buaaaahahahahahahaaaaa!

The "forcibly" usage is not new. I've seen it several times,
over the years, both in the sysadmin context, and in some
database contexts, where the system might override what you
are doing, or have done, if any of several circumstances were
to prevail. "Forcibly re-assert" was one phrase that tickled me.

It may be just me, but I doubt there are too many speakers
of the language who would not "get it".
For those few who wouldn't, well you probably like
surprises anyway, right?

<g>

/kevin

--