OT: Whaddaya Mean, "The debate that won't die?"

Subject: OT: Whaddaya Mean, "The debate that won't die?"
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 11:11:01 -0800 (PST)

I know we're not supposed to nitpick grammar on this list since there are plenty of
other places where we can do that. So I want to say, up front, that I'm not. I'm
nitpicking the rhetorical skills inherent in the topic. I mean, there is hardly ONE
debate on this list that won't die.

There's:
Content is King
To Unionize or not
TWs don't get no respect
The value, or lack thereof, of the STC
The value, or lack thereof, of TWs
Do TWs need training? If so, in what, for how long, to what end?
Does anybody really need TWs?

And I haven't even mentioned the whole category of tool wars, which will no doubt
heat up during this holiday season as boys and girls get new toys or contemplate
getting new toys to play with, fonts to fondle, and managers to malign.

Then there are the managers on this list who have no use for the people they
putatively manage, their skills, their work ethic, their (dare I say it?) process.

Personally, I'd be interested in a new topic. ANY new topic. What a joyous Holiday
season THAT would bring. (Me? Hell, no, I don't have anything new to say. Haven't
had anything new to say for some time now.)

=====
Tom Murrell
mailto:tmurrell -at- columbus -dot- rr -dot- com
http://home.columbus.rr.com/murrell/index.html Last Updated 10/28/02
--First keep the peace within yourself, then you can also bring peace to others.
Thomas a Kempis (1380 - 1471), 1420--

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com