RE: All hail John Posada, the new TECHWHIRL King!!

Subject: RE: All hail John Posada, the new TECHWHIRL King!!
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 08:49:08 -0800 (PST)

Wow tattoos and everything! Are we going to sell flowers at airports too?

I mentioned John's post during dinner conversation last night, and all agreed that John is the man. So, I believe that the Posada cult will also attract non-techwriters as well.

Seriously though, we all agreed that what John did was simple and effective, the sort of thing that gets you noticed, and the sort of thing that keeps you employed (political tactics aside). We wondered why more people didn't do the same kind of thing: Identify a need, and solve the problem, instead of simply complaining that the problem exists.....heck, we've all done that ourselves. I wonder why people are content to simply complain and are unable to fix a problem when it arises. I realize that in some environments (my last job being one of them) the kind of initiative that John took would have been interpreted in a negative light....but not all organizations are like that.

"And in the morning, I'm makin waffles." ~ Donkey
Sean Hower - tech writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you -at- yourchoice -dot- com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag