RE: Description of Tech Writers

Subject: RE: Description of Tech Writers
From: jgarison -at- ide -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 14:57:57 -0500

I'm a writer in Massachusetts ...

That mean that I am a beret-and-Birkenstock wearing leftist pinko, who hangs
out in Harvard Square, drinks $5 lattes, writes blank verse poetry that is
'published' in the nearest Kinkos and thumbtacked to every bulletin board
within 5 blocks, while I pass out handbills promoting free computer classes
for the homeless. Oh, that's the People's Republic of Cambridge. Sorry.

In that case, I am a SUV-driving suburbanite who paid way more for a house
than he ever dreamed would be necessary (for that much money I should have
gotten an entire country!), who writes short stories and dreams of being
published in The Atlantic (NEVER the New Yorker), roots for the
never-to-be-World-Series-winners Red Sox, and speaks with an accent so thick
and bereft or Rs as to be understandable only by locals or those who grew up
listening to tapes of John Kennedy.

But since I was born in Arkansas, I could also be ...

A lazy, moonshine sippin' right winger, married to my first cousin, who
drives a '59 Chevy pickup truck with a rifle, shotgun, and fishin' pole in
the gun rack, who cain't read none too good and can only write his name (X).

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com