RE: Description of Tech Writers

Subject: RE: Description of Tech Writers
From: "Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting" <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 18:38:58 -0500

At 1:27 PM -0500 12/6/02, jgarison -at- ide -dot- com wrote:

"I get to be Arthur Conan Doyle for a living. I spend half my time as
Sherlock Holmes - turning over rocks, uncovering clues, putting together a
big complicated puzzle from randomly gathered bits of information. Then I
spend the other half of my time as Dr. Watson - writing it down in such a
manner that it enlightens my audience."

<goggle>
Do tell. That's the explanation I usually give, too! It seems to make sense to most people, regardless of their level of technical savvy.

Actually, I've been considering introducing a variation---probably using Don Quixote and Sancho Panza---for the occasional projects where there are no specs and no prototype and I have to dream up the features and the interface details and then run around for weeks cleaning up everything to make it match the reality that dribbles in at random intervals.

--
Kat Nagel,
mystery addict

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com