RE: Description of Tech Writers

Subject: RE: Description of Tech Writers
From: Philomena Hoopes <Phila -at- VIPS -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 11:38:46 -0500

This gets more entertaining by the day!

Here goes my $0.02...

I'm a tech writer living in Baltimore. I spend my summers on a skipjack,
documenting the soon-to-be-lost technology of crabbing and "arstering" on
the Chesapeake (while keeping a wary eye out for rogue snakeheads). My
latest book, "Crab Feast Etiquette for Dummies: How to Reduce a Bushel of
Crustaceans to Fragments without Newsprint on Your Elbows, Old Bay Under
Your Fingernails, and Mustard in Your Beer," should hit the bookstore
shelves by the time the season starts.

Winters are spent earning oodles of money writing for Beltway Bandits
cashing in on war hysteria. Just getting to the office is a challenge, as I
maneuver my car past lifelong Marylanders who are still panicky newcomers to
the art of snow and ice driving (despite the fact that we get at least an
inch per year). Evenings find me chanting to bolster the Baltimore City
Police Department's latest publicity campaign, "Believe"... when I'm not
singing along with recordings by O'Malley's March.

Thanks,
Phila
(who documents managed care software and hasn't been on a skipjack since a
10th-grade field trip....but DOES like Irish music and keeps her head
reasonably well on bad roads)
Phila -at- vips -dot- com
ViPS the i technology of healthcare
One West Pennsylvania Avenue