RE: Help: Need Software application recommendation

Subject: RE: Help: Need Software application recommendation
From: "Oja, Kelly" <Kelly -dot- Oja -at- Kingland -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 10:56:45 -0600

>Hi again,
>I am still having a problem locating a software
>program that will do all of the following:
>1. Generate an on-line manual complete with a TOC,
>glossary and an index (topic key word search).
>AND
>2. Generate a hardcopy manual (book style) complete
>with TOC, glossary, and page referenced index.
>Does such a program exist?
>TIA,
>Daly

I sure hope not, because I spent the past few months rewriting current
documentation for a new release. I did pretty much the opposite, where I
created the hardcopy manual with TOC and an index. The index had to be done
manually, entry by entry. Of course, even if there is software, my company
would not have sprung for it. And my project is not going to be online, only
hard copy, PDF, CD, and a real cool navigable Word document!

Anyway, good luck with it if you have to do it manually.

Your fellow indexer,

Kelly

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com