Terminology: NIC on board ?

Subject: Terminology: NIC on board ?
From: johanne -dot- cadorette -at- locusdialog -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 10:32:40 -0700

Hi there,

I've got a jargon situation (again). I'm editing some technical
specifications, and I'm faced with the term "on board," as in "NIC on
board" (also "RAID on board"). Author tells me this means the network
interface card is on the motherboard (as opposed to a PCI card).

Fine, except after extensive googling, I get no hits for that formulation.
What's the word on this? Can I just leave it as is, or is there a more
precise formulation?


johanne cadorette
johanne -dot- cadorette -at- locusdialog -dot- com

Order RoboHelp X3 in December and receive $100 mail in rebate, FREE WebHelp
Merge Module and the new RoboPDF - add powerful PDF output functionality
to RoboHelp X3. Order online today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

Check out SnagIt - The Screen Capture Standard!
Download a free 30-day trial from http://www.techsmith.com/rdr/txt/twr
Find out what all the other tech writers, including Dan, already know!

You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as:
archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.

Previous by Author: personal salary report question
Next by Author: RE: Terminology: NIC on board ?
Previous by Thread: Editing marks - two questions?
Next by Thread: RE: Terminology: NIC on board ?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads