RE: Cut and paste in word?

Subject: RE: Cut and paste in word?
From: "Donald H. White" <whitedh -at- attbi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 14:42:58 -0500

<<If I cut a selected area then paste (without copying first), Word pastes
in the area that I cut. This is especially annoying if I copy a something
first then cut something else. How can I turn this off?>>

Cutting text or graphics loads that data into the clipboard just as much as
highlighting and pressing 'Copy' does. Set the insertion bar where you want
to plant the text after you have cut it from another location.

I've used Word since version 3.x (now Word 2003): if I cut text and paste it
elsewhere, it works. The text I move is moved, not repeated.

On the other hand, if you're trying to replace a block of text with another
block of text, first highlight and cut (or delete) the superceded text
block. Then, highlight and copy the text you want to move. Place the
insertion bar back into the area from whence you cut, and press 'Paste' (or
use CTL-ALT-V).

Works for me.

Don White
804.795.2914