Re: Newbie contractor question re: Scope of Agreement or Letter of Intent?

Subject: Re: Newbie contractor question re: Scope of Agreement or Letter of Intent?
From: peter -at- softwell -dot- co -dot- uk (Peter Hirons)
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 12:40 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Sara-Sue,

I doubt you'll ever get that document out of such a boss. I had bosses
like him in the past and my procedure was, after each new set of
instructions, I would send an e-mail outlining the instructions just
given. Where these instructions contradicted previous ones, or changed
priorities would be pointed out. I would ask for confirmation that my
understanding of the instructions and priorities was correct and that this
was really his intent.

Needless to say, I never received confirmation nor correction, but they
were a useful record when it came to those CYA moments.

Peter
Nr Clonakilty, Co Cork, Ireland

Order RoboHelp X3 today and receive a $100 mail in rebate and a FREE
WebHelp Merge Module for merging multiple Help systems on any desktop
or server. Order online today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com