Re: Preparation for a phone screen interview

Subject: Re: Preparation for a phone screen interview
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 03:25:52 -0800 (PST)

Andrew Plato wrote:
> So its okay for the employer to return the favor and not
> tell you everything about the job as well, right?
Yes it is perfectly OK, in fact I expect it. Maybe they are
lying or concealing something, but more likely they are just
forgetful or distracted, or really don't understand the question
you asked them. It's the interviewee's burden to peel the onion
and find out what's really going on.

Once I interviewed with one of the company founders, and his
main concern was what committment I would have to the company
and how long I would stay. I did get the job... but weeks later
I found out that on the very day he was questioning my
committment, he was negotiating to sell his portion of the
company. Not that there is anything wrong with that... but I
thought the irony was funny and revealing.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Order RoboHelp X3 today and receive a $100 mail in rebate and a FREE
WebHelp Merge Module for merging multiple Help systems on any desktop
or server. Order online today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com