making a new dictionary

Subject: making a new dictionary
From: "edison astudillo" <edisonastudillo -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 07:00:39 -0500

HI!!!

I am new in this neighbourhood and I am very glad to be here sharing ideas with all of you .
I have just started my project which is a new Spanish English / English Spanish, this will be designed to be used by Spanish tutors to teach. I teach Spanish in UK and I am willing to finish this proyect as soon as posible to help people to teach Spanish and make their work easier. What I planning to do is to use some other dictionaries, copy and change the words needed, add my own examples contract a professional to correct whatever errors there and that's all. Or other option I am considering is just write down everything in Word and then find a publisher)
Does a publisher accept drafts ?
or if I am editing and publishing myself, is there services available to publish any written work from a draft?

I think should be others choices I have not considered, isn't it?
About the work itself I have already written down a draft but I think it is taking too much time to get word by word and making the changes needed etc.
In order to work faster, have been looking at dictionaries online but the problem is that you have not access to see the whole page at once like you do when reading a book. As far as I am concern, dictionaries in software only give you a definition when you write down a particular word.
Do you know about a dictionary in the Internet where you can see the whole page and change pages as you wish?
Publishing desktop or similar software seems to be the software that suits this project if I decide to publish this dictionary on my own.
Any idea about other software?
On the other hand, how does the copyright work about dictionaries? Can you just copy here and there, change one word here and there and then it becomes your work?
Do you think it is better to publish it on your own or find a publisher?
What about an e book, how does it work? Can you sell it by internet?
Thanks
Edison Astudillo

Order RoboHelp X3 today and receive a $100 mail in rebate and a FREE
WebHelp Merge Module for merging multiple Help systems on any desktop
or server. Order online today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com