Re: Arcane FrameMaker -> Adobe Acrobat PDF hyperlink problem?

Subject: Re: Arcane FrameMaker -> Adobe Acrobat PDF hyperlink problem?
From: hedley_finger -at- myob -dot- com -dot- au
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 16:46:20 +1100

Guy:

> I have a text inset that contains a cross reference to another
> paragraph in the document. I also have a cross reference in plain
> body text to that same target paragraph.
>
> When I convert to PDF, the body-text hyperlink works, but the hyperlink
> in the text inset does not -- that is, the Acrobat cursor turns from an
> open hand to a hand-with-pointing-finger over the hyperlink in the body
> text, but does not change when it is over the hyperlink in the text that
> came from a text inset.

Try including the text inset file at the end of the book. Then update the
book. (Use Print Selected Files to exclude this file from printouts or
creating PostScript for PDFs.)

Create the PDF in the normal way. The cross-references in the text inset
SHOULD act as hyperlinks if you do just what you are saying. Try posting
this problem to one of the framers lists.

Send this in the body of your message ...

subscribe framers your -at- email -dot- address
help
end

to <mailto:majordomo -at- omsys -dot- com>. Post to <mailto:framers -at- omsys -dot- com>.
Subscribe to the other list at <http://www.frameusers.com/>.

Hedley

--
Hedley Finger
Technical Communications/Technical communicator and FrameMaker mentor

(C) MYOB Limited 2002

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com