Re: Beaten by the mob

Subject: Re: Beaten by the mob
From: "Bruce Wolf" <bwolf -at- scheidt-bachmann-usa -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:14:36 -0500

BB generally gives good advice. However,,,,,,,,,,,,,

If I recall my basic and advanced psychology classes correctly, a bully
invariably backs down. It is the "mind control" aspect of bullying that
gives the bully power. If a bully can't get you to do what he wants, he
stops.

A bully may threaten a punch. A bully may throw a punch. A bully may push.
Respond in kind and the bully will both stop and become very accommodating.

Being a "mommy's boy" has something to do with it, but I don't want to go
there. I don't remember that part and we are rather far from technical
writing as it is.

Certainly there are some women on this list who've taken self-defense
classes. Part of the instruction probably included lessons on bullies. Do
you want to share?

I've learned from experience the problem is misjudging the person. Nine of
ten people who act like bullies are. The tenth isn't. So, I'd recommend
self-defense classes for anyone who plans to stand up to a bully. When he
bloodies your nose, you'd better be able to bloody his.

;-)