FWD: Security followup

Subject: FWD: Security followup
From: "Ami Wright" <amiwright -at- email -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:38:37 -0500

Perhaps this could be useful:

"Sorry to throw this one out to all you music enthusiast, but no more kaza desktop music media. No more Kaza. I've spent the last 4 hours plugging holes created from KAZA. These holes can allow Remote Access Trojans (RATs) to broadcast through them thereby giving control to the RAT MASTER on the outside. They can allow programs to execute or call up scripts that can create a user account on the server giving the RAT MASTER open access to our network and all the resources on it. Those of you that have kids that love this stuff should closely examine the configuration of KAZA on your home systems. There is even a "skin" called the eight ball, that is a virus and will erase your hard drive!

The program can be used for it's original intent but the installation is extremely deceptive and should be closely watched. It installs things on the computer that you definitely don't want there. I know this sounds like a lot of hooey, but this is serious stuff.

<snip>

Don't use Morphius either! This is actually considered a virus by sheer functionality. If you want to download music, you should do this at home with a service that you subscribe to."

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Meet Singles
http://corp.mail.com/lavalife

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com