Re: typing @ speed

Subject: Re: typing @ speed
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 04:26:47 -0800 (PST)

--- Bil Gladstone <admin -at- bcnexus -dot- com> wrote:

> I've done plenty of work very much like this on a volunteer basis for
> local non-profits through the past year, but I'm definitely not a
> "scorcher" on the keyboard. In your experience and opinion, is my paltry
> 40 wpm going to scotch my chances?

I think typing speed may be appropriate for someone whose sole job is
typing/retyping. However, I would think that 40 wpm is more than adequate for a
Technical Writer, even a junior writer. Actually, outside of the old typing pools
(do any of them still exist?) I would think that 40 wpm would be considered
excellent. I was never rated at more than 50, and that was on a closed course with
professional supervision (DO NOT TRY THIS ON YOUR OWN!).

Good Luck!

=====
Tom Murrell
mailto:trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com
http://home.columbus.rr.com/murrell/index.html Last Updated 10/28/02
--First keep the peace within yourself, then you can also bring peace to others.
Thomas a Kempis (1380 - 1471), 1420--

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com