Re: How to indicate contract work on resumes?

Subject: Re: How to indicate contract work on resumes?
From: "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 09:51:56 -0800

I'm just wondering whether there's any "usual" way of showing/indicating
contract work on technical writing resumes? Do you simply state that it
was "x or y" kind of contract and the duration?

This has been discussed many times on this list.

My way of doing this is to show the job site with the contracting company in parentheses: Weyerhaueser (Volt).

This method must work: I now have a perm position for a wonderful firm :)

And to answer a recent question: I use my hotmail address for this list since I don't want the company's disclaimer every time I post here.

Diane Evans
Technical Writer

Washington State Coordinator, Tombstone Project
http://www.rootsweb.com/~cemetery/washing.html

The new MSN 8 is here: Try it free* for 2 months http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com