Re: Security followup

Subject: Re: Security followup
From: Decker Wong-Godfrey <dfgodfrey -at- milmanco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:42:16 -0800

Bah! 11:30 PM Sunday Night...

I let pass all kinds of slop I catch later on, but this is an important blunder. Automated intrusion detection is a very important tool in the toolset of the security expert. In my haste to get to bed, I wrote that "Automated Intrusion Detection" isn't something you necessarily want to begin with. It should read "Automated Intrusion Protection" isn't something you necessarily want to begin with.

Apologies for the extra mail in this long thread, I didn't want to mislead anyone into thinking intrusion detection isn't important.

Thank you for your understanding,
Decker

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com