Re: Anybody working in "Agile" ecosystems?

Subject: Re: Anybody working in "Agile" ecosystems?
From: Kevin McLauchlan <kmclauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:01:06 -0500

On Monday 20 January 2003 09:51, John Cornellier
wrote:
[snip]
> We set the room up with the five desks in a
> ring, but not facing each other, as is usually
> the case. Instead, we formed a circle with the
> computer screens facing in and an open,
> uncluttered, area in the middle. That way, if I
> wanted to talk with someone, I just spun my
> chair or wheeled over to his workstation.
[snip]
> I was submitting new versions to the
> configuration management system regularly, so
> the current baseline always had current
> documentation. I found frequent, small,
> iterations very helpful for helping to focus on
> the main objective - creating content - and
> being more relaxed about editing and layout
> issues, on which I knew I had time to work at
> the end.

Sounds like fun. May I ask what your contribution
amounted to? I mean:
What was the document set?
How much of it was brand new, versus based on
previous projects?
How big were the individual docs?
Was it all written in text-editor/word-processor
or was it done in a database format with documents
created by retrieval/compiling of records from
the database?
Was there an online-help aspect?
Did you have to supply your docs as "completed"-
looking docs at every re-baseline? I mean, with
the overall structure in place and perhaps a lot
of "tbd" sections? Or was it just
loosely-organized sections that would be organized
into chapters and books "someday"?

Inquiring minds want to know the mechanics of how
this works. :-)

Oh, and did you have multiple computers, or did
you carry a laptop, in order to have your
preferred working environment with you when you
switched offices?

Thanks,

/kevin

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com