Re: Security followup

Subject: Re: Security followup
From: Decker Wong-Godfrey <dfgodfrey -at- milmanco -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 22:22:15 -0800

There are a few people on this list that have serious emotional problems with
me any my opinions and therefore it does not surprise me that they would run to
encourage you. You're just another foot soldier thrown at the terrible two
Towers - Andrew's Ego and Andrew's Mouth.

Moreover, I will not tolerate this becoming a personal attack. I have tried to
explain concepts, describe ideas, discussion concepts, and be generally fair
about technical capabilities. I admit to grandstanding my skills and resorting
to some ego-boasting. I'm guilty of being narcissistic. But I never called you
names nor did I insult your employer.

Eric, I think its time to close the thread.

Sorry, but I think you should check the board in your own eye.

No personal attacks have been made. Simply a relevant comparison. I've in no way said anything about your company, or you that was outside the scope of this discussion. Simply mentioning your company name does not constitute an attack.

My comments about sophistry were well founded, as you misquoted me, then proceeded to use that as the basis for an argument outside the scope of this discussion--as if I had actually said it.

Andrew, if you can't take it, don't give it.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com