RE: Even the CEO of Monster lies on his resume

Subject: RE: Even the CEO of Monster lies on his resume
From: AmyD -at- osas -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 07:28:58 -0700

Syed has said this about a resume typo:

> However, I almost didn't get the job (even after five interviews)
> because I made an error on my resume that I hadn't realized I made, but they
> sure as heck caught. In the Education section for my degree, I put "BS in
> English Literature", when it should've have read "BA in English Literature".
> It was simply a typo...

Great - now I have anxiety. Will my next interviewer/prospective employer
check me this closely? Because I honestly *do* have a BS in English.

Now for my story - I once transposed two numbers in my (then) new phone
number on a resume. Noticed it before the interview, then went to the
interview and pointed it out with many apologies. The manager (and now my
boss!) said thanks and noted the change in his notes. It must not have
been that great a deal to him as I got the job.

As to job related typos, remember that the "F" in "Shift" (as in "Press
and hold the Shift key while selecting entries...") is very important. I
was lucky - I caught myself while typing the word.

Amy

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com