Subject: TECHWR-L Premium Jobs, Events, and Announcements
From: "techwr-l owner" <techwr-l-owner -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
To: <archive -at- raycomm -dot- com>

You received this message because you're a subscriber to
list members to help underwrite the costs of the list (just
as ads in a newspaper, magazine, or journal underwrite the
costs of those publications).

In this posting, look for the following ...
* RESOLVED TO BUILD YOUR CAREER IN 2003? (NEW)
* STORY: SnagIt saves sanity (NEW)
* ANNOUNCE: 40% early reg. discount for LavaCon ends Jan 31!
* JOB: Technical Communications Business Unit Manager - Boise, ID
* ANNOUNCE: WinWriters Conference Discussion List Now Available!

and at the end you'll find the concluding administrivia with
information about these ads and how to place your own.

RESOLVED TO BUILD YOUR CAREER IN 2003?

Why not consider self-paced learning for 2003? Why not learn
at your own pace, in the comfort of your own home or office,
for a fraction of the time and $$$ of attending a workshop?

Why not consider one of these workbooks from Gordon & Gordon?

* Documenting APIs and SDKs: stop formatting and start writing!

* System Design for Technical Writers: what makes programmers tick

* Good Enough Documentation: strategies for the real world

* Technical Writing 101: the basic skills for success

* Writing Marketing Materials for High-Tech Firms: you can do it!

All month long, we're offering FREE SHIPPING to all
And our MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE means there's no risk to you.
To find out more, visit www.gordonandgordon.com/t12 today!

01/22/03-01/30/03

STORY: SnagIt saves sanity

Dan the technical writer shuddered as the sound of his coworker running
through his cell phone ring options drifted over the cubicle wall.

When he couldn't take hearing a digitized "Take Me Out to the Ballgame"
any more, he ran over to the offending coworker's desk.

"What 'cha doing?" he said nonchalantly to mask his massive irritation.

"I love the options of my new phone!" Brad replied. "I have all these
rings, and -"

"If you love options," Dan interrupted, "I know a screen capture product
you will love."

He sat down and introduced Brad to SnagIt. As they downloaded the free
evaluation version, Dan explained that SnagIt makes work easier because it
can capture any image, text or video on the screen.

"The options give SnagIt its power. You select the Input - the area of
the screen. Then you select the Output - where you want the captured
selection to go. And get this - there are 42 different ways to capture!
You'll never tire of using different combinations of the options to
complete your work," Dan told him.

As Dan returned to his own cubicle, the cell phone ring tones were
replaced with Brad's shouts of surprise and elation over SnagIt's
capabilities.

Dan sang tunelessly, "SnagIt saves my sanity in more ways than one . . .
Just dial D-A-N for all your SnagIt needs . . . SnagIt solves your
problems - and mine!"

Brad's voice rang out.

"Um - Dan - could you hold it down? I'm working here."

Keep your sanity in check at www.techsmith.com.
For even more powerful video capture capabilities, go to www.camtasia.com.

01/13/03-01/21/03

ANNOUNCE: 40% early registration discount for LavaCon ends Jan 31!

Are you an independent contractor, team leader, documentation manager or
business owner?

Are you thinking about starting your own consulting practice or tech comm
company?

If so, LavaCon: The International Conference on Technical Communication
Management is for you! Join us at the beautiful Maui Prince Resort for a
conference that specializes in:

o. Managing Documentation Projects
o. Managing Documentation Teams
o. Managing Your Career/Company

Register today for only $750, 40% off the full tuition price!

See www.lavacon.org for conference dates and a registration form.

LavaCon: Come for the conference, stay for a tan!

12/26/02-01/26/03

JOB: Technical Communications Business Unit Manager - Boise, ID

LIONBRIDGE is seeking a business development dynamo to
grow the Boise Technical Communications Business Unit
with existing and new clients! The right candidate will
bring to this position: strong leadership skills, focus,
discipline and a proven track record of growing and
managing a line of business. Full time Position. EOE.

Location: Boise,ID.
Please submit resume to: employment -at- veritest -dot- com

RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Maintain and grow key Lionbridge business with existing
and potential customers
* Develop and support account strategy in conjunction with
sales and account management
* P&L for Accounts and for projects
* Carry out Performance appraisals with 10-12 Business Unit
team members.
* Develop Annual Training Plan and Salary Plan for the team.

QUALIFICATIONS
* 3-4 years experience in Technical Communication (technical
writing, content management, graphic design, project management)
* Account/Business development experience
* Multiple-account management experience
* High-level client exposure
* Experience with management of a Business Unit P&L
* 2 years experience managing writers, graphic designers and
project managers
* Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent combination of education
and experience

01/16/03-01/23/03

ANNOUNCE: WinWriters Conference Discussion List Now Available!

Are you attending (or thinking of attending) the WinWriters
Conference (February 16th through 19th, in Seattle, Washington)?

The WinWriters Conference Discussion List will be available
from January 6th through February 28th, 2003. This list,
sponsored by Bright Path Solutions (http://www.travelthepath.com/)
is an unmoderated list, and provides conference-goers with a
forum to discuss the upcoming conference, travel and get-together
plans, and other related topics.

Find out more and subscribe to the WinWriters Conference Discussion
List at http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/special/conflist/.

The WinWriters Conference Discussion List is a free service to the
technical writing community provided by RayComm, Inc., and sponsored
by Bright Path Solutions.

01/06/03-01/14/03

About posting ads:
Announcements on the TECHWR-L Premium Announcement posting
cost $50 to contact over 5100 TECHWR-L subscribers
directly each day for a week.

In an effort to provide a free service that allows you to post
announcements, jobs, and events, however, we have established other
services:

The TECHWR-L Calendar provides a free resource for you
to post announcements, activities, and events:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/calendar/

The TECHWR-L Employment Central provides a free resource
for you to post, browse, and search job listings and personal
profiles:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/employment/

The TECHWR-L Daily Summary Mailing, a separate mailing list
that summarizes new content posted to Employment Central and
the Calendar, can further help get your
message out to interested people:
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/daily-announce-info.html

These resources are available at no cost to anyone, posters
or seekers, TECHWR-L subscribers or not. We encourage you to
regularly use these free services.

For jobs, announcements, and events that you specifically
want to be mailed directly to all 5100+ TECHWR-L subscribers
in the TECHWR-L Premium Daily Announcement, please contact Eric
(ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com) or submit your paid ad at
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/postad.html.