Re: small invoices, big egos

Subject: Re: small invoices, big egos
From: Andrew Plato <gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 12:20:19 -0800 (PST)

--- Bruce Byfield wrote:

> BTW, didja notice that the only time you're called incompetent is when
> someone is trying to avoid paying? It says something about the business
> smarts of this type that they think that insulting you will make you
> more like to forget what you're owed.

Its an intimidation tactic. They know they're screwing you, that's why they
respond such a nasty manner.

I think when people start any kind of personal attacking (calling you names,
saying you're incompetent, incapable of discussing things in a rational manner)
they are basically admitting that they have nothing of value left to
contribute. They are lashing out in an emotional manner, hoping you'll be
intimidated. Like a cat frizzing its tail.

Lashing out is a basic human emotion. When somebody feels wronged or can't make
good on a deal, they lash out and hurt others hoping to "equalize" their
inadequacy. "I'm in pain, so you have to be in pain as well!"

Its essentially a childish reaction, one that cannot be handled with reason.
However, like a child throwing a tantrum, you have to wait them out. Let their
emotional energy dissipate and then come back and re-engage them when reason
can again prevail. If you're lucky, guilt will have set in and you can use
their own guilt against them.

The end result, you get what you want (money) they get their little tantrum.
And you go on with life and forget them.

> >If worse gets to worst, I'll take care of him for you. :-)
> >
> ><wink, wink, nod, nod, knowwhatImean, saynomore, saynomore>.

> Hey, there's a business plan for any budding CEOs on the list. Muscle work
> and gray hat hacking for people trying to collect.

Hee hee. Oh the stories I wish I could tell.

Andrew Plato

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com