RE: Are you using personas?

Subject: RE: Are you using personas?
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 09:26:13 -0500

What is a persona? I'm not much for "trends". I find that they go as fast
as they come.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372

==================

Hello all,

One of the latest trends in our industry is the
"persona," which as most of you probably know is
similar to a user profile but is actually very
different. I attended an STC webinar a few weeks ago
where I learned more about creating and using
personas, but I'm interested in hearing some success
stories from the real world.

Are you creating personas before you create
documentation? If so, how have they made a difference
in the documentation you deliver? We're looking for
specific, concrete examples.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com