RE: Are you using personas? (take II)

Subject: RE: Are you using personas? (take II)
From: Jim Shaeffer <jims -at- spsi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 15:55:43 -0500

You're lucky, Alan. According to the informal polls of
this list, most of us don't interact with any actual users
of the products we document or with consumers of our
documents. We are always working at some level of
abstraction. In this case, a fictional person(a) would
seem to be better than no person.
Luckily, as Geoff pointed out, the universe of users
collapses nicely when the user can be defined as anyone
who just wants to print a document.

Jim Shaeffer (jims -at- spsi -dot- com)

> ----Snip of Original Message-----
> From: Miller, Alan [mailto:Alan -dot- Miller -at- prometric -dot- com]
>
> Nope. I don't make up a person. I pick out one I know will be
> using the product and consistently asks dumb questions, and
> write to him/her/it. (Our prodicts are for in-house use and I
> personally know most of the users.)

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com