Re: Title--US vs non-US usage

Subject: Re: Title--US vs non-US usage
From: Anthony Davey <ant -at- ant-davey -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 17:13:18 +0000

Jan,

If I'm a non-murkin, living just a few minutes, rather than many degrees, West of the Greenwich Meridian, I would, in this case agree with the Murkins.

On most Web based forms I have been filling in recently the term Title has been used for the options Mr., Mrs. Miss, Doctor, etc. In a work related context I do not think I would misinterpret the term Position for anything other than what you are proposing, though Job Title works just as well and has no ambiguity. Which thought probably doesn't sway you one way or the other.

Regards,
Ant
Position: sitting at my desk within arms reach of the keyboard

Regards,

Jan Henning wrote:

Sean Hower (or is that Hower Sean) and others, mostly off-list, have suggested that I use "Position" instead of "Title." However, all of the responses so far have been from the US; so I'm holding off on a decision until I hear from at least one or two non-murkins.

How about "Job Title"? I do not think that "Position" is exactly unclear, but it does have funny connotations.

Regards
Jan Henning

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com