Re: Ob, ob, ob, oblete? Oblate?

Subject: Re: Ob, ob, ob, oblete? Oblate?
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 15:01:13 -0800

My guess is that someone took a wild stab at spelling "oblique",
which defines (at #3 on the list)
Main Entry: 3oblique
Function: adverb
Date: 1667
: at a 45 degree angle <to the right oblique, march>

Now, whether to use oblique to describe the rotated view? You
know your target audience better than I. But my guess would be
to use the correct spelling of the precise term and the customer
will be happy.

-Sue Gallagher

At 10:51 AM 2/4/2003 -0800, Barbara Yanez wrote:

...In this software, the photo utility displays a front view of the
suspect, with the title FRONT, and then an angled view (not totally a
profile, sort of a quarter turn but more from the top looking down) with
the title OBLETE. I had not heard of that word so I looked it up and,
no, it does not exist...

single-source layouts, and more!
Order online today at

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com