TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Subject:Do as they say, not as they do From:DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com To:"TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com> Date:Wed, 5 Feb 2003 06:59:48 -0700
1. If you've got the online version of the Microsoft Manual of Style (MSTP.chm), open it.
2. Click the Index tab.
3. In the text box on the upper left, type "type" and then click Display.
4. In the Topics Found screen, click <b>type vs. enter</b> and then click Display.
5. In the right-hand panel, read the following words aloud: "Use type, not type in or enter, if information the user types appears on the screen."
6. In the left-hand panel, read the following words aloud: "Type in the keyword to find:"
7. Have a good laugh.
8. Get back to work.
Buy or upgrade to RoboHelp X3 today and receive the WebHelp
Merge Module for FREE ($299 value). RoboHelp X3's all-new
features include conditional text, completely re-engineered
printed documentation output, Context-sensitive Help Toolkit,
single-source layouts, and more!
Order online today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l
You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as:
archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/ for more resources and info.