RE: TW -> QA

Subject: RE: TW -> QA
From: Alan Bucher <bucherino -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 16:27:44 -0800 (PST)

If you're interested in going into management, then take it. If they
have you do both jobs, you'll have reason to lobby for hiring someone
to report to you to help out with one or the other. It will also help
show that you're ambitious and looking for ways to expand your
contribution to the company.

If you're not interested in management and are content to be the
quiet little tech writer, then don't take it. But if you don't take
it, then make sure you won't be unhappy when they hire a new QA
manager and have you report to them.

Belinda Kelly wrote:
>I work as a tech writer for a medium sized company. Our QA manager
>is going to be leaving soon and I've been offered the QA position.
>I've got an editing/tech writing background, rather than a QA one,
>but know the products well. However, I'm a bit concerned that I'll
>probably have to keep up my tech writing duties in addition to the
>QA stuff. Basically, I'm after suggestions or advice on this
>situation.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com