RE: 1099 work and employment taxes

Subject: RE: 1099 work and employment taxes
From: "Harper, Frank" <Frank -dot- Harper -at- BellSouth -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 12:46:52 -0600

I STONGLY suggest you contact a CPA. It is well worth the expense to know
what you need to do as a self-employed person (as denoted by a 1099). I have
been contracting for over 12 years and rely on my friendly CPA. It is very
much cheaper than paying penalties to the tax man.

BTW, you are responsible for ALL the SS and Medicare taxes - employer and
employee. How you recoop those is best left to the tax professional.

Frank Harper
HIDS Incorporated

"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all


Buy or upgrade to RoboHelp X3 today and receive the WebHelp
Merge Module for FREE ($299 value). RoboHelp X3's all-new
features include conditional text, completely re-engineered
printed documentation output, Context-sensitive Help Toolkit,
single-source layouts, and more!
Order online today at

You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as:
archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Previous by Author: RE: setup/set-up
Next by Author: RE: Graphic question
Previous by Thread: Re: 1099 work and employment taxes
Next by Thread: OT: but is thinking required also?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads