Re: Technical Writing Tests

Subject: Re: Technical Writing Tests
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- optonline -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 10:55:43 -0500

John Posada wrote:

Carey...understand that my perspective is very anti-testing and infact, I've
never taken one or been asked to take one.

However isn't it true that ANY situation that you design for the purpose of
testing is not going to be representative of how the situation is played out
in real life? Doesn't a test simply show how well you can take a test? There
are things I would do on a test that I wouldn't do in a real situation and
vice versa. Please don't assume that you are smarter than me taking the test
and that you would know.<snip>

John, you almost hit the nail on the head. IMVNHO: the most positive function served by a test is as a CYA mechanism for the hiring manager.

--
Peter

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com