Re: Herding kitty bits...managing a dispersed document collection

Subject: Re: Herding kitty bits...managing a dispersed document collection
From: Beth Agnew <Beth -dot- Agnew -at- senecac -dot- on -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:49:44 -0500

This may be out of your budget, but Livelink by OpenText is a flexible, user-friendly document management system with all those attributes and more. See http://www.livelink.com. OpenText used to provide a really good online demo of Livelink, but I see they've now changed to smaller "viewlets". If you go to the Livelink News page and scroll down to Livelink 9.1 you can run some of the viewlets. Unfortunately, they've been designed for 1024 x 768 viewing so we older folks with 800 x 600 and poor eyesight have to do some scrolling. </peeve>

I've used Livelink extensively and it delivers on all its promises.
--Beth

mmcgraw -at- qualcomm -dot- com wrote:

Many thanks to anyone who can provide a suggestion or pointer to a tool
that meets at least some of these requirements. If you know of another
discussion group that might provide some help (such as a web tools group)
that information will be very welcome too.

- Beth Agnew
Professor, Technical Communication
Seneca College of Applied Arts & Technology
Toronto, Ontario
416.491.5050 x3133
beth -dot- agnew -at- senecac -dot- on -dot- ca

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com