Word2000 vs Word2002 Tracking Changes

Subject: Word2000 vs Word2002 Tracking Changes
From: Jean Hollis Weber <jean -at- jeanweber -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:22:55 +1000

Cheryl Magadieu wrote,

I don't like the way Track Changes works in Word 2002, either. I'm hoping
someone else knows of a better solution than the one I use. I'm not fond of
using the mouse with toolbar icons, so I assigned keyboard shortcuts to the
following commands in the Tools category:

Cheryl, I'm not sure if this will meet your requirements, but you can restore to Word 2002 the old Accept or Reject Changes dialog (as it was in Word 2000 and Word 97). Here's how:

1. Tools > Customize. On the Commands tab of the Customize dialog, look in the Categories list and select All Commands.

2. In the Commands list, select ToolsReviewRevisions and drag it to a toolbar. Rename the button to something shorter, if you wish. Close the Customize dialog.

Regards, Jean
Jean Hollis Weber
jean -at- jeanweber -dot- com
The Technical Editors' Eyrie http://www.jeanweber.com/