Re: Word2000 vs Word2002 Tracking Changes

Subject: Re: Word2000 vs Word2002 Tracking Changes
From: Beth Agnew <Beth -dot- Agnew -at- senecac -dot- on -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 13:35:54 -0500

May I suggest that you add the keyboard shortcuts but keep the icons, too? It's perfectly fine to give users 3 or 4 ways of accessing commands. As a fast typist, it drives me nuts to have to remove my hands from the keyboard to use the mouse to access a command. Yet others who grew up using the mouse predominately are happier having icons to click. Allow both.
--Beth

Cheryl Magadieu wrote:

Thank you! That's exactly the feature I was hoping to reinstate. I decided to assign a keyboard shortcut to the command instead of placing an icon on the toolbar. I've avoided using toolbar icons ever since I had a case of tendonitis a long time ago and found that reducing my reliance on the mouse made a big difference.

Cheryl

--
Beth Agnew
Professor, Technical Communication