RE: Try selling the sizzle of what you do.

Subject: RE: Try selling the sizzle of what you do.
From: "Korth, Deanna" <deanna -dot- korth -at- dmpinc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:53:59 -0600

John Posada wrote:

"I have an observation. With almost every deliverable I produce at every
company I'm at, there is a nagging little voice in my head that says "Why
are you making this deliverable...everyone but you in the company already
knows about it." and every time, I'm surprised.

Sometimes, it is simply getting it on paper and when shown to a group, find
out that not everyone in the group knew the same thing in the same way.

Sometimes, what starts out well understood in someone's mind, once he sees
it on paper, realizes that what he thought he knew...he doesn't.

I'm constantly pleasantly surprised how seeing something on paper changes
the way people understand what they thought they did already."

---
Ain't that the truth! I documented a module a few months ago, and it took
forever to figure out how it really worked because each SME understood it in
a different way. I uncovered some flaws in the design just by asking the
right questions. It was the most rewarding document I've written to date.

Deanna

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com