Re: TECHWR-L 10-year Praise-a-Thon

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L 10-year Praise-a-Thon
From: Pat Anderson <panders -at- aw -dot- sgi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:16:44 -0500

At 03:04 PM 2/14/2003 , Lois Patterson wrote:
>Has anyone here been on the list from the start (other
>than the founders, of course)?
>
>Lois Patterson

Since shortly after it started... when I look through the archives, I see
my first postings were in June of '93.

I recall it being a fairly small group (a couple of hundred subscribers
maybe?) initially. People wrote introduction posts. Memorable people came,
some left, some stayed (anyone else remember a certain poster from Wood's
Hole who was going to Antarctica?). Some are still here, active posters;
others lurk; others are gone: maybe just off the newsgroup, maybe to new
careers; some have retired (I remember one gent who posted that he was off
to open an antiques store).

It's been a great place to trade information, to discover new things, to
let off steam.

Thank you, Eric & Deb!
...pat.
Pat Anderson
StudioTools Documentation Manager
Alias|Wavefront, a Silicon Graphics company
panders -at- aw -dot- sgi -dot- com

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com