RE: Try selling the sizzle of what you do.

Subject: RE: Try selling the sizzle of what you do.
From: "Sue Ahrenhold" <SAhrenhold -at- IpdSolution -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 13:24:58 -0500

>>>Always how it currently works.

Well, the way it will work when the product goes out the door. If I know that there is a bug report, and that it is assigned to a programmer who is going to fix it next week, and that the product will not be released until the product works the way I have documented it, why should I change the documentation so that it reflects the incorrect behavior, and then change it next week to reflect the correct behavior.

>>>Had a product manager that wanted me to change the online help system I did
>>>for a product. I'd written how to accomplish something, but it took WAY more
>>>steps than it should have and was basically a workaround. If the user did it
>>>the way they SHOULD have, the feature would not have had to do
>>>with importing a prior dataset after an upgrade.

Ah, yes, but this is a design issue, and wasn't what I was referring to when I pulled this thread out.

I would do exactly what you did here, but I'm not going to spend any time putting bugs that are on our plate to fix into the documentation.

single-source layouts, and more!
Order online today at

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com