use other color for new text in Word

Subject: use other color for new text in Word
From: "David Troy" <davtro81 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 08:45:32 +0000

Hi, I'm writing a big manual in Word XP that just went for review. While the document is being reviewed I have to continue to write on the next version in the same document. I'd like to make all new text I write be different from the text that is reviewed, so I know what I add new. Is it possible for example, to make all new text use another default text color (like blue instead of black), please? I know I can use Track Changes in Word but I really don't like it (too much fuss!). I just want to have a different font color (without changing styles or having to mark new text in blue all the time). The old text have to stay black also :)

single-source layouts, and more!
Order online today at

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com