Re: use other color for new text in Word

Subject: Re: use other color for new text in Word
From: joannak -at- teleknowledge -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 08:09:37 -0700

> Hi, I'm writing a big manual in Word XP that just went for review. While
> the document is being reviewed I have to continue to write on the next
> version in the same document. I'd like to make all new text I write be
> different from the text that is reviewed, so I know what I add new. Is it
> possible for example, to make all new text use another default text color
> (like blue instead of black), please? I know I can use Track Changes in
> Word but I really don't like it (too much fuss!). I just want to have a
> different font color (without changing styles or having to mark new text in
> blue all the time). The old text have to stay black also :)
>
> thanks,
> David

Create a custom short-cut key combination that will change the text color
to any color you select using the Font Color button (for example, red).

Place your cursor in the document, press the key combination and begin to
type. The text will be the color selected using the Font Color button.

When you want to change the text to the regular color, place your cursor
at the beginning of your document and use Find/Replace to find all text of
a specific color (for example, red), and replace it with the regular
color, and you're off! You can even do replace all and you have changed
all colored text to the regular color inside of a click!

Obviously, you can also use Find to locate each instance of the colored
text when reviewing your new entries.

I hope this helps, and makes sense. If not, feel free to email me for
clarification.

Joanna

> It's fast, it's easy and it's free. Get MSN Messenger today!
> http://messenger.msn.co.uk

single-source layouts, and more!

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com