Re: Pitch vs. Point

Subject: Re: Pitch vs. Point
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 22:17:45 -0500

Pitch is a characteristic of typewriter types and, by extension, monospaced fonts. It is scaled in characters per inch. 10-pitch is 10 characters per inch and is the equivalent of 12 pt in a monospace font such as Courier. 12-pitch is 10 pt. (More characters per inch means smaller point size.)

jmacdougall -at- sbcglobal -dot- net wrote:

I'm working on a proposal that has a pitch size requirement for fonts rather
than point size. Can someone help me sort this out?

[This E-mail scanned for viruses at]

single-source layouts, and more!
Order online today at

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com