RE: Need an encyclopedic look at digital image formats (both the present state of the available technologies and the future)

Subject: RE: Need an encyclopedic look at digital image formats (both the present state of the available technologies and the future)
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:46:37 -0500

Peter...it isn't a question of cluttering the board. The problem is that
there are many people on this list who love to help...including me. I see a
questions and I do one of three things.

1) Delete it
2) Flame it
3) Answer it.

Deleting is easiest, but no fun.
Flame it is easy and some fun (OK, alot of fun if done with some wit)
Answering it is the hardest, but the most fun....even more than flaming (not
MUCH more, more just the same)

I like fun. Therefore, based on my perspective, I may do some research,
which takes time, and present my answer, which takes more time. Now, if the
answer isn't of use to your particular requirement, I've wasted that time,
which could have been used for 1, 2, or 3 above, for someone else.

We like to explain. That's what we do for a living. However, without
guidance, we run around in circles, resulting in 80 million wrong answers.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372

--------------

I knew it was broad before I asked, and I hesitated to ask. I actually
shouldn't have asked since I am not sure what information I'm looking to
gather. The little tutorial on digital graphics that comes with
Photoshop just may suffice!

I apologize for cluttering the board. I thought I just might get lucky.
Anyhow, I think I have enough info to get started.

LAST CHANCE for this steal of a deal! Purchase RoboHelp X3 by February 28
and receive $100 mail-in rebate and FREE WebHelp Merge Module ($339 value)!
RoboHelp, the Industry Standard in Help Authoring, has won over 55 industry
awards. For more information please visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2.

"RoboHelp X3 is simply remarkable." - George Bell, Techno-Vision Systems

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com