SUMMARY: saving websites to CDs

Subject: SUMMARY: saving websites to CDs
From: "Len Kirby" <Len -dot- Kirby -at- pwrm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:59:53 -0800

>> Would the person who posted the initial question be so kind to post a
summary to the list? Erika

To copy raw HTML to a single, searchable file, use Acrobat's "File >
Open Web Page > Get Entire Site". Acrobat Catalog can create a
searchable index as
long as the client has Acrobat Reader Plus Search.

I have a PDF and CHM library wrapped in a slick HTML/Java interface. So,
I must copy the sub-site to a folder with altered relative links. I am
currently evaluating these three tools:
HTTTRACK seems like the best of the bunch so far.

There are plenty of outfits that build searchable CDs for you. I prefer
to the work myself, but there are few tools available. SPY-CD seems to
be the only tool I could find:

All of the above are either freeware or trial download.

Len Kirby
Manager of Technical Communications
Power Measurement

LAST CHANCE for this steal of a deal! Purchase RoboHelp X3 by February 28
and receive $100 mail-in rebate and FREE WebHelp Merge Module ($339 value)!
RoboHelp, the Industry Standard in Help Authoring, has won over 55 industry
awards. For more information please visit:

"RoboHelp X3 is simply remarkable." - George Bell, Techno-Vision Systems

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com