RE: Flash and Screen Captures

Subject: RE: Flash and Screen Captures
From: "Barnett, Eva" <Eva -dot- Barnett -at- aketontechnologies -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 14:47:41 -0800

Kim Wallace wrote:
"My Marketing department just asked me about the "best" way to incorporate
screen captures into a Flash presentation. They are having difficulty
displaying a clean capture after the image is resized."

Kim,

I've played around with the Snag-It Studio demo, and it seems to export to jpg really well. Is there a reason that the folks in Marketing can't just grab the shots from the program as you suggested, then save them as jpgs?

Also, I don't know what kind of software you all have, but I get great results using Corel PhotoPaint (similar to PhotoShop) to resample and resize screen caps, then export them to jpgs or gifs.

I've never done anything with Flash, so perhaps I'm not understanding some of the difficulties they're facing. Did they tell you any specifics about the problems they're encountering?

-Eva

As usual, I'm on digest, so if my comments are out of date or repetitive, I apologize. Also, please cc me on any responses. Thanks!

LAST CHANCE for this steal of a deal! Purchase RoboHelp X3 by February 28
and receive $100 mail-in rebate and FREE WebHelp Merge Module ($339 value)!
RoboHelp, the Industry Standard in Help Authoring, has won over 55 industry
awards. For more information please visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2.

"RoboHelp X3 is simply remarkable." - George Bell, Techno-Vision Systems

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com