RE: Senior/junior level technical writing

Subject: RE: Senior/junior level technical writing
From: "Margaritis, Peter" <PMargaritis -at- alldata -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 13:25:35 -0500

...The hard part was coming up with what to call the position:
TW (would you like to Super Size that?), Master TW (would we
need a Mistress TW to be equal opportunity?), Head TW (for a variety

of reasons, I didn't want to go there). So it ended up being

Frankly, I don't put a lot of stock in titles, but your thumb rules
for delineating
what you expect of different levels of TWs sounds very reasonable to

Tom Murrell
Super Dooper Senior Lead Technical Writer (with a pickle on top)

Actually, working with this guy, he technically goes by the title of
Lead Technical Writer---but INSISTS on those below him (yeah, that's
just me) that he be called `Dokumentationfuehrer.' No humility
there, folks... <g>

Pete Margaritis

LAST CHANCE for this steal of a deal! Purchase RoboHelp X3 by February 28
and receive $100 mail-in rebate and FREE WebHelp Merge Module ($339 value)!
RoboHelp, the Industry Standard in Help Authoring, has won over 55 industry
awards. For more information please visit:

"RoboHelp X3 is simply remarkable." - George Bell, Techno-Vision Systems

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com