RE: Have to know Programming to be able to write about it? -- NO

Subject: RE: Have to know Programming to be able to write about it? -- NO
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:41:09 -0500

>Never said it does. A bad writer is a bad writer,
>regardless of the knowledge. However, a great
>writer, not knowing the subject well, is less of
>a great writer than a great writer with subject expertise.

Example: By my management's admission, they says I am the best writer
they've ever seen. Who am I to disagree? However, I know that as good as my
stuff may be, it would be MUCH better if I knew some of the technology
better. I know it, it pisses me off, and in my mind, it takes the edge off
the compliment.

My only comfort is that I know that I'll know just a little bit more
tomorrow than I do today.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
"Alright, nobody move! I've got a dragon here, and I'm not afraid to use it"
---------- Donkey

LAST CHANCE for this steal of a deal! Purchase RoboHelp X3 by February 28
and receive $100 mail-in rebate and FREE WebHelp Merge Module ($339 value)!
RoboHelp, the Industry Standard in Help Authoring, has won over 55 industry
awards. For more information please visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2.

"RoboHelp X3 is simply remarkable." - George Bell, Techno-Vision Systems

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com