Re: Subject Matter Expertise-YES! Attack Iraq-NO!

Subject: Re: Subject Matter Expertise-YES! Attack Iraq-NO!
From: John Garison <john -at- garisons -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 08:40:03 -0500

Natalie Angier will be the keynote speaker at this year's STC Annual Conference in Dallas the second week of May.

Sure to set off another round of STC bashing, but that's not the intent!

At 08:03 PM 2/27/2003 -0800, Mike O. wrote:

Actually one of my favorite science writers is Natalie Angier,
at least as I recall her NYT articles (can't speak for her
books, though). She is an English major from a liberal arts
school who has studied "English, physics, and astronomy." (very
similar to my own background). None of her many awards or honors
were for writing about of those fields she had formal
(undergrad) training in. Oh, and she actually uses humor (or
wit, anyway) in scientific writing.

John Garison

Logophile, thaumaturgist, neologist, scribe

LAST CHANCE for this steal of a deal! Purchase RoboHelp X3 by February 28
and receive $100 mail-in rebate and FREE WebHelp Merge Module ($339 value)!
RoboHelp, the Industry Standard in Help Authoring, has won over 55 industry
awards. For more information please visit: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l2.

"RoboHelp X3 is simply remarkable." - George Bell, Techno-Vision Systems

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com