Re: Synonym for binary file?

Subject: Re: Synonym for binary file?
From: Jan Henning <henning -at- r-l -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:58:18 +0100

I think this may be a little misleading--most "binary files" aren't

Technically, you're correct. However, in common usage, "binary" and "executable" are used more or less interchangably.

But not by Robert, who said:

binary files (such as graphic files or .pdf files

For him, calling what he currently terms "binary files" "exceutables" would clearly be wrong.

Jan Henning

Jan Henning
Am Schlossberg 14, D-82547 Eurasburg, Germany

Phone: +49 700 0200 0700, Fax: +49 8179 9307-12
E-Mail: henning -at- r-l -dot- de, Web:

LAST CHANCE for this steal of a deal! Purchase RoboHelp X3 by February 28
and receive $100 mail-in rebate and FREE WebHelp Merge Module ($339 value)!
RoboHelp, the Industry Standard in Help Authoring, has won over 55 industry
awards. For more information please visit:

"RoboHelp X3 is simply remarkable." - George Bell, Techno-Vision Systems

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com

Re: Synonym for binary file?: From: Bruce Byfield