RE: Meta-Topic On Discussions (delete as appropriate)

Subject: RE: Meta-Topic On Discussions (delete as appropriate)
From: Lyn Worthen <Lyn -dot- Worthen -at- caselle -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:16:28 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Hanvey
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2003 11:53 AM

When I first started in the field, I believed that so long as I could write,
then I'd be set.

Don't I know that one!
My first tech writing job, several years ago, was to document a network
"Sure," I said. "I can do that." And I walked out of the interview, a
thick folder of source material in my hand, wondering what the hell a router
(like the one my dad had in his garage woodworking shop) had to do with

Fortunately, for the project, the SME was a lousy writer who was very
patient with my absolute lack of technical knowledge, and suffered through
numerous questions as I crawled up the learning curve. It took longer than
it would have with an experienced writer, but it taught me a valuable lesson
about doing my homework and the value of ongoing education if I wanted to
compete in this industry.

LAST CHANCE for this steal of a deal! Purchase RoboHelp X3 by February 28
and receive $100 mail-in rebate and FREE WebHelp Merge Module ($339 value)!
RoboHelp, the Industry Standard in Help Authoring, has won over 55 industry
awards. For more information please visit:

"RoboHelp X3 is simply remarkable." - George Bell, Techno-Vision Systems

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com