UI Design course/seminar suggestions

Subject: UI Design course/seminar suggestions
From: "Karen Casemier" <kcrazzmatazz -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 11:11:58 -0500

I'm looking for a good intro-level course or seminar on user interface design. UI design has always been an area of interest for me, and after sneaking my way onto a couple of small projects, I've now gotten the go-ahead to get some formal training. I'm looking for something focused on software design vs. web stuff.

Of course, I already googled and I have a couple of leads. Now I'm looking for personal recommendations.

One option I'm considering--actually the number one option on my list due to cost and convenience factor--is a four week online course offered by onlinelearning.com. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has either taken the UI course or any other courses through this company.

My budget is not huge (I'm not sure what the exact figure is). However, the biggest problem is travel (air fare) and lodging, which is why online courses appeal to me. Second choice would be something within driving distance of Western Michigan, such as Chicago or Indianapolis. (I know Jared Spool will be doing a one day seminar in Chicago soon, but that is a web thing.)

If you have negative experiences about any particular companies, you can e-mail me directly so I can know what to avoid. I'm sure there are others who would be interested in hearing which courses and seminars are worthwhile, so you can post positive reviews to the list.

Thanks!

Karen Casemier

Order RoboHelp Office X3 by March 14 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
plus FREE WebHelp Merge Module and FREE iMarkup Software, for a
total giveaway value of $439! Order today at http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com